Jasper Natinal Park
I recommend everybody to visit The Rockies Mountains in Canada at least one time in their life. Everybody deserve that experience. Mind-blowing nature, fantastic wildlife experience and friendly people.
This post is only about the area in Jasper National park. For backpackers who is looking for a hostel I definitely recommend HI – Jasper. Here you will escape crowds, tourists, commercialism and a pumping nightlife, Jasper yields an attractive alternative for anyone seeking a small town retreat or wilderness escape. You have to bring your own food – you can’t buy anything at the hostel or near by. The good thing about the hostel is the big kitchen area where you will meet all the amazing adventures people staying at the hostel. It was here my amazing Jasper adventure started. Same night, some how we was 10 people – all solo travelers, planning hiking for the next day. This blog post is about our great time in HI Jasper and Jasper National Park.
Jasper – Top 6 things to do
Jasper National Park is full of glacier-topped mountains, spectacular waterfalls and expansive lakes. Top 5 things to do in Jasper National Park:
- Maligne Lake and the spirit island. (Here you can have a nice short hike, picnic in a canoe or do some fishing surrounded by the majestic Canadian Rockies.)
- Jasper Tramway (Here you will get a expansive views of surrounding mountain peaks, glaciers, lakes and rivers. Take the short hike to the summit and see if you can catch a glimpse of Mount Robson to the west. The views, if not the altitude, will take your breath away.)
- The Valley of the Five Lakes (Long Loop) in Jasper National Park is so beautiful and not difficult – everybody can do this beautiful hike.
- Maligne Canyon (An interpretive trail winds its way from a picnic area across six bridges where you can catch the spray from the thundering Maligne River, or peer into the mossy depths.)
- Mount Robson Provincial Park (There are plenty of outdoor activities to experience in the park, including caving, fishing, horseback riding, kayaking, camping and hiking.)
- White Water Rafting the Fraser River (Rafting is always an awesome experience.)
We are ready for the valley of the 5 lakes!
The hike to Jasper Tramway